An important message from the Viking Management Team:
Attention Viking Anglers!
The state of NY has given the For-Hire Fleet (party and charter boats) the OK to sail once our region, Long Island, gets the green light for Phase 1, re-opening.
There is no definitive date of when that will be, but we are hopeful that it is soon! We are anticipating and are hopeful that this will be early in the month of June.
AS SOON AS WE KNOW, WE WILL LET YOU KNOW!
In the meantime, we are performing our regularly scheduled maintenance, as well as implementing new temporary health and safety measures as required by the state of NY. The following measures are temporarily REQUIRED by the state of NY to comply with “Stopping the Spread” of Covid-19.
1. In order to comply with the 6ft of social distance separation, we will be marking sections of the boats. If you are a family, you can fish next to each other, and then the next party or person will be 6 ft away from you or your group. This will limit the capacity of passengers on all of our boats and trips.
2. You are required to wear a face covering on all of Viking property (parking lot, dock, boat) which can be made of cloth, bandana, or homemade. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone NOT wearing an acceptable face covering. Face covering must be worn when 6 ft of social distance cannot be be maintained, unless they are under three years of age or cannot medically tolerate such covering.
3. All nets and gaffs can only be handled by the crew. Additionally, all fishing rods and tackle will be thoroughly sanitized between trips and may not be shared during a trip.
4. All of our vessels will be disinfected before, during, and after each trip.
5. You will be subjected to a brief health screening before boarding the vessel. If you are sick, stay home.
6. While inside our cabins or restrooms, you must wear a face covering. Our crew will also be regularly wiping down door knobs and other restroom surfaces.
7. It is highly suggested and recommended that you bring your own food and drinks, as galley service will be at a minimum.
8. All of our vessels have running water and soap to wash your hands. Please feel free to also bring your own personal hand sanitizers.
To read in more detail what is required, you can visit this link:
Again, please understand that in order for us to get back to work to take you fishing, these requirements are temporarily mandated by NY state. We at the Viking Fleet will follow all mandatory procedures to ensure the safety of our passengers. Your safety and the safety of our captains and crew are of the highest priority.
We will let you all know when we are allowed to start sailing as soon as we know!
In these uncertain times, one thing that we are certain of is that THE FISH ARE HERE! The Viking Crew ran a couple of recreational, fun fishing trips and we have seen the Porgies, Fluke, Sea Bass, Striped Bass, and Bluefish all show up in our waters! We look forward to taking you all out there to go and get them soon!
We are continuing to take reservations at this time for all of our fishing, ferry, whale watching, and fun cruises beginning in June and through the summer season! Call us at (631) 668-5700 or book online at www.vikingfleet.com
Stay safe, healthy, and positive, and we wish you and your families well. Please remember to be kind to one another!